Let’s ensure your vehicle is ready to face colder weather! Vehicles can be affected by the cold even when living in the sunshine state! As temperatures drop vehicle issues begin to arise and will affect your vehicles driving performance. You should get your battery, tires, all of your car’s fluids, heaters, defrosters, and wipers checked. As these components tend to be negatively affected in cooler weather. The most common issues that occur in the winter months are improper tire pressure or low oil, coolant, or other vehicle fluids. It’s necessary to catch these issues before they become serious. Colder weather conditions tend to make existing issues worse No one wants their vehicle to break down and be stuck on the side of the road once it gets cold out.
How Cold Weather Conditions Affect Your Vehicle
Cooler weather can affect many components of your vehicle. Tires don’t grip onto the road as well when the temperature drops. It is smart to drive with caution throughout the winter and use the brakes sooner than you usually would. Check your tire tread and ensure your tires aren’t worn down. Worn down tires do not grip the road very well. If your tires are worn down, then it’s advised that you change them. Checking your tire pressure is also important. Tires tend to lose air in cooler weather and tire pressure lights turn on thus it’s smart to keep an eye on your tire pressure.
Car batteries, particularly older ones may fail or have problems that start throughout cooler months. This is due to the cold pulling voltage from your battery. Get your battery checked or replaced before it is too late. If your battery is 3-4 years you should replace your battery. It is also suggested to park your vehicle in a garage to help keep your battery protected from the cold.
Car fluids (oil, coolant, steering, brake, and transmission oil) thicken up when temperatures drop. These fluids thickening up might cause your vehicle to not run properly. Cars’ components need lubricant to run thus it’s necessary to get your fluids checked and adjusted. A suggestion is to change from standard oil to synthetic oil. Doing this will help your engine heat up and perform better.
Cold temperatures also can damage the belts and hoses that keep your engine running. Have a highly trained technician check your vehicle’s belts and hoses for cracks or signs of wear and tear, and get them replaced if required. This will keep your vehicle from breaking down on the road.
Windshield and wipers are more prone to breaking when temperatures drop. If your vehicle’s windshield has frost on it (it can happen in Florida) don’t pour hot water on it. It might damage your windshield. Blasting hot air in your car could also potentially cause a crack. Buy washer solvent to help take away frost from your windshield. Old windshield wipers should get replaced. Windshield wiper blades should be changed about every 6 months.
Preparation List For Your Vehicle This Winter
Preparation list for you and your family’s well-being when driving your vehicle this winter:
1. View your owner’s manual and look at the recommendations for when to service your vehicle.
2. Ensure your vehicle drives properly- look out for slow starts, rough idling, stalling, diminished power.
3. Get your cooling system cleaned, flushed, and filled with coolant.
4. Get your vehicle fluids checked.
5. Get your tires tread and pressure checked.
6. Get your battery and charging system checked.
7. Get heaters, defrosters, and wipers checked.
8. Ensure you’ve got a winter kit: gloves, ice scraping tool (yes, even in Florida), blanket, jumper cables, and a first aid kit.
Jiffy Lube Services:
● Oil change services (conventional, high mileage, synthetic)
● Air conditioning services
● Air filtration services
● Battery maintenance and replacement services
● Brake services
● Cooling system services
● Drivetrain services (West Palm Beach car tune up)
● Engine services
● Fuel system cleaning services
● Emission and inspection
● Tire services
● Transmission services
● Windshield services
● Jiffy Lube Signature Service® Oil Change West Palm Beach
Jiffy Lube Signature Service® Oil Change isn’t a simple oil change; it’s preventive maintenance that will keep your vehicle running right. This is an excellent service for getting your car ready for colder weather. It includes:
● Replacing the motor oil with up to 5 quarts of quality oil.
● Replacing the oil filter.
● Checking and topping off very important fluids: transmission/transaxle fluid, differential fluid, steering system fluid, windshield washer fluid, battery water (excluding sealed batteries).
● Checking your tire pressure.
● Visually inspecting: coolant levels, engine air filtration system, belts, brake fluid level in clear reservoirs, wiper blades, and exterior lights.
Why You Should Go To Jiffy Lube West Palm Beach
Jiffy Lube West Palm Beach services will maintain, repair your vehicle, and also give tips for how to take care of your vehicle when it gets cold out. Jiffy Lube® trained technicians are aware of the ways colder temperatures affect cars drivability. They are able to pinpoint the issues that are caused by the colder weather. This is why it is necessary to have a trained Jiffy Lube Technician inspect your vehicle before winter hits. As well as regularly checking your vehicle. Regular vehicle check-ups will improve your gas mileage, cut back pollution, and catch minor issues before they become huge headaches! Thus ensure to prevent these issues by stopping in at your neighborhood Jiffy Lube® to confirm that your vehicle will make it through the winter!